For those of you that have just stumbled across my blog by accident and don’t know me – I’m Lauren. I’m 23, I live in the UK and have Borderline Personality Disorder, Cyclothymia and severe anxiety. You can find out more about me here.
The one positive that comes out of all the pain I’ve suffered, is the creativity. My ability to create art and to design allows me a short time of freedom from my mind. It allows me to take a break from myself. Which is priceless.
But the things that I create are not.
I want to create a piece of art that encompasses how people really feel about mental health. The struggles and the positives. And then, I want to auction off this art and gives the proceeds to charity.
I want to gather as many bloggers as possible working together for this cause for one month later this year. The more bloggers that can come together, the more money and awareness that can be raised. This is what I will need:
- For you to write a post about why you are apart of this cause. Do you suffer? Do you know someone else that does? Or do you just want to help because you’re an awesome person?
- What does mental health mean to you? Sum it up in a few words.
- A series of promotional posts for the art that will be auctioned.
- Sharing your posts wherever possible. On social media, other blogs, charity pages etc.
- Any suggestions/pieces of art from yourselves to make this project as big and brilliant as possible.
Every blogger that joins the fight will receive a members badge to feature on their blog showing the world that they were apart of this, and the satisfaction that you were involved in something massive. Your blog posts will also be shared throughout the month and everyone that takes part will be mentioned on my blog to spread awareness for your individual voices.
Comment below if you’re in!