I saw this earlier today on another blog and thought I’d give it a go! Some of the questions were really hard to answer!
Questions taken from Marci, Mental Heath & More
1.How are you, really?
I’m the same as always. OK but could be better.
2. What are you thinking about?
The fact that I have to get off my bum after I write this post and clean my house before I move out on Tuesday!
3.What’s your favourite colour?
I don’t have one. I like dark, rich colours.
4. What’s your favourite food.?
I don’t really know. Pizza/Indian/Chinese – everything that I could do with not eating!
5. What’s your favourite dessert?
Apple crumble – I once even had a hamster called Crumble.
6. How old are you?
7. What have you learned today?
Nothing as yet; but I’m sure I will later.
8. What was your favourite subject in school?
English. Or art.
9. What do you do?
I’m a student. I study Events Management.
10. What are some of your favourite books?
I’m rubbish and don’t read unless I’m on holiday, so I couldn’t even tell you. It’s a shame because I do actually really enjoy it.
11. What are some of your favourite movies?
Anything Disney. Any rom-com. And Die Hard.
12. What kind of music are you into?
Everything. I know everyone says that but seriously everything. Country, rock, pop, classical – everything.
13. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
Oh see I can’t answer this because it’s going to happen and it’s a surprise.
14. What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?
Everything. My anxiety makes everything scary. But I guess moving to Canada by myself for six months when I was 18.
15. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Still being in education. My plan never included uni and sooo many times I’ve nearly quit because it becomes too much; but I’m still here with one year left.
16. Are you married?
17. How did you meet your spouse / girlfriend / boyfriend?
At a party.
18. Do you think it’s better to get married when you’re young or better to wait a while?
I don’t think age matters; I think it matters where you are in your life. I would personally want to be in a fairly accomplished career-wise by then, but some people will manage that at 18 and others won’t until they’re 40. You can’t plan these things anyway, you never know when the right person will come along or what will and won’t last.
19. Do you have any kids?
I do not.
20. Have you ever thought of adopting?
A lot of my family are adopted and so it’s not something I’m against at all. It’s not out of the question if I was having trouble conceiving my own children.
21. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a TV presenter on the show, Changing Rooms. I liked painting and I liked TV so it seemed like a good match. Or a unicorn.
22. How did you get into your profession?
I haven’t yet, I’ll let you know.
23. Would you recommend your profession to other people? Why / Why not?
I love what I do. But it definitely isn’t for anyone that doesn’t thrive on stress.
24. What do you do for fun?
Write, draw, paint, make, upcycle, design (anything creative!).
25. Do you like travelling?
I do but my anxiety at the moment won’t allow me to do it.
26. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
27. Who are some people you’d like to meet someday?
I don’t think there’s anyone I’m desperate to meet. I actually have everyone in my life I need right now.
28. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
You can do/be whatever you want. If something’s going wrong, change it.
29. What’s one of your favourite habits you have?
Being sarcastic. I think I’m funny. No one else does.
30. What are some things that make you really happy?
My boyfriend. My mum, my friends. My dog! People really. And food.
31. What are some things that make you really sad?
How much of my life I’ve wasted because of my mental health problems. I hated being a teenager and now it’s wrecking it’s way through my twenties as well.
32. What are some things that scare you?
..Erm! Transport, lifts, cinemas, automatic doors, exams, being up high in a building, ending up on my own – the world.
33. Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
I’m a planner for 99% of my life. But occasionally even I need a break from that and crave some spontaneity!
34. Are you a religious person?
35. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
I really have no idea; leave it with me.
36. Would you rather live in the country or in the city?
Right now I live just 3 miles out of the city centre. That’s perfect for me.
37. What was your life like growing up?
38. What were you like in high school?
I was in the popular/bitchy girl group. It was happy I guess because I didn’t have any problems in terms of friends, but I wouldn’t go back and be the way I was again.
39. Do you have any brothers or sisters? How many?
I have a brother and then I have a half brother who I don’t really see.
40. What’s your favourite part about today so far?
Catching up on last night’s trashy TV. And breakfast.
41. Who in your life has influenced you the most? How did they do it?
My mum. She helps me and teaches me about anything and everything.
42. What’s your favourite joke?
When someone’s having a really deep conversation and just randomly dropping in, ‘do you know what I don’t understand?’ ‘Chinese’. It’s not really a joke, it’s just my Dad being a pillock.
43. Have you ever tried sushi? (Did you like it?)
I did but I haven’t had it much. It was introduced to me during my time in Canada.
44. Do you like spicy food?
It depends what day it is. I have to be in the mood for it.
45. How do you like your steak cooked?
Medium rare. More rare than medium.
46. Do you have a favourite number? Any particular reason why you like that number?
9. No idea why. I like odd numbers but other than that it’s random.
47. If you were a type of animal, what would you be and why?
A unicorn. Because they’re the best. And real.
48. What’s one of the strangest things you’ve ever done?
Walking into a library and saying ‘Can I order some fish and chips please?’ When they answered ‘Sorry, we’re a library’,I repeated it again but in a whisper…. Again, you can blame my Dad.
49. What kind of vacations do you like?
Chilled out and relaxed. Somewhere not too English/American (unless I’m in England or America). I don’t want to go to Spain and eat McDonalds.
50. What are some of your major goals in life?
Have a family, start my own business, recovery.
51. What are some of your smaller goals in life?
I don’t have small goals. Go big or go home.
52. What do you like least about yourself?
53. What embarrasses you?
Not much to be honest, much to my mother’s disappointment!
54. If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?
55. What’s your earliest memory?
Having friends round in my back garden and all of us playing football with my Dad. Or me and my best friend (even now she’s a bad influence!) stealing the pieces of Scrabble that spelled out our name from school.
56. What’s the best decision you ever made?
To move to Canada. To move to Leeds. I love home but I needed to leave.
57. Who’s your best / closest friend?
Holly. The Scrabble thief.
58. What do you think people think of you?
Sarcastic, confident, quite in your face probably. Most people tend not to like me until they’ve met me a couple of times.
59. What were your grades like in school?
Fairly average. A couple of really good ones.
60. If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
To sew. I’d love to be able to make my own curtains and cushions and stuff when I buy my own house.
61. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
I’m an extrovert I guess to the world but I’m really an introvert inside.
62. Have you ever taken a personality test? (How did the results turn out?)
I’ve taken random ones at uni but I really can’t remember what they’ve said!
63. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
Nothing really, I tend to get good or bad vibes pretty quickly though. I think I’m a fairly good judge of character.
64. Do you think people can control their own destiny?
Yes. 100%. Or I might as well give up now.
65. Do you think all people are equally valuable, or do you think some people in certain situations might be more valuable than others?
I think all people are equally valuable, yes.
66. Do you think people are basically bad or basically good?
67. Do you think morals are universal or relative to the beliefs, traditions, and practices of individuals or groups?
Bit of both.
68. Do you think God exists?
No I don’t, I sometimes wish I did.
69. Do you think any kind of afterlife exists?
I like to think so.
70. Do you vote? Why / Why not? If you do vote, how do you usually vote?
I haven’t yet, no. I’ve been of age in two elections now but I just don’t know anything about to vote. I’d rather not vote than randomly guess – because that’s all my input would be. I am aiming to be more up to speed by the next election though because I think I should know and the previous one started to catch my interest a bit more.
71. Do you think gay people choose to be gay? Do you think straight people choose to be straight?
I don’t think either choose. You can obviously choose to pretend, but you can’t choose to be one or the other.
72. Is torture ever a good option? If no, why not? If yes, when?
73. Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people?
Doubtful, even if it was the best thing to do.
74. What’s the most money you’ve ever given away?
Not a lot in one big sum. It probably accumulates to quite a lot though.
75. What’s the biggest personal change you’ve ever made?
Deciding to be happy no matter what I can and can’t do.
76. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
Been in relationships that I shouldn’t have been in for fear of being alone.
77. What do you think would be one of the best steps we could take toward ending poverty around the world?
I literally have no idea.
78. What do you think we could do to best improve the education system?
Again, no idea. Maybe ask the teachers what they need and want rather than the government just guessing and thinking they know what’s best the whole time.
79. In general, what do you think about art?
I love art. It allows you to express yourself.
80. What are some of your favorite websites?
Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
81. What’s the biggest turnoff in a man/woman?
Inability to have a laugh/take a joke. I can usually tell in the first minute if this is the case because they either react well to my sarcasm, or they don’t.
82. What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
Not answering that right now.
83. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
What happens inside of my head. I don’t want people to know because it would scare them.
84. What’s something you wish everyone knew about you?
I would hope that they’d know that the people I love are everything to me. I would bend over backwards for them.
85. What are some of the first things you do in the morning?
Have a cuddle with my boyfriend, check my phone.
86. What’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to you?
The thing I lied about.
87. Do you cry easily?
88. How do you feel about public speaking?
I’m not a massive fan but I’m getting better. Apparently I always seem confident even though I don’t feel it.
89. Do you like to talk on the phone?
No, I hate it. If you call me, I will be too busy to answer.
90. How many emails do you get each week, roughly?
God knows, hundreds. A lot of which is junk mail, uni, you guys emailing me.
91. If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope would play you?
No idea. But I’ll think about it because I’d like to know.
92. What’s one of your favourite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going?
I don’t have one, I tend to talk enough without needing prompts.
93. Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump?
No. Not in a million years.
94. Have you ever been in a fist fight?
No, someone’s been in a fist fight with me though. I was beaten up once at 13/14. Luckily I was under age drinking and vodka’s a good pain killer.
95. What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled?
I can’t think of one. My boyfriend’s always pulling them on me but he’s too clever for me to do it back.
96. What did you do on your 16th birthday?
I had a meal at Frankie & Benny’s with my family and my boyfriend at the time.
97. What do you think is one of the most undervalued professions right now?
Teachers, any sort of emergency service.
98. How would you explain your basic life philosophy?
You can make anything happen if you want it badly enough.
99. Would you rather be hated or forgotten?
Hated. I’d rather be disliked than irrelevant.
100. If you knew you would die tomorrow, would you feel cheated today?
Yes. I haven’t done all I’m supposed to do yet.