I’ve just spent the last two hours trying to convince a friend of mine not to end her life. Everything for her recently has genuinely resembled hell, and honestly I don’t think a single person could judge her for her thoughts right now.
But the problem is, this girl is one of my favourite people on the planet and she adds colour and light into everything that she does or any place that she goes.
In a cruel and ironic twist of fate, she regulary reads through my blog to check out how I’m doing and coping; so right now I’ve decided to write a list of all the amazing things that make her her. So stop, read them, and be excited to live – and yes I’m talking to you, you beautiful nut job…
1. You are the most generous person I know. You will do absolutely anything for anyone else and go above and beyond to make sure the people you love are happy. No matter the time of day, if I need you, you’re truly always there.
2. You have more love to offer than Cupid; you rise with love above everyone else. The fall may inevitably be harder and longer, but your ability and capacity for love will one day make you the happiest person in the world.
3. You have more passions and hobbies than all of the rest of my friends combined. You can find joy in anything and in turn joy finds you and the people around you.
4. You make every single one of your friends feel like they’re the most important person in the world when they need you. If you’d only apply some of that theory to yourself and recognise that you’re also important, the weight you hold would become so much lighter. You have so many people around you that are willing and desperately trying to return the favour; if you’d just say ‘yes’ once in a while.
5. You’re confident enough to be yourself 100% no matter what; with no make up on and air-dried hair and you feel as beautiful as can be. You don’t listen to your words before they come out of your mouth; you don’t hold back for anybody. You don’t ever feel the need to hide or be ashamed of who you are, and of course you’re right because you’re lovely inside and out, but that level of confidence is rare and it could take you a long way if you’d just let it.
6. You’re honest, to-the-point and fair; which is unusually refreshing and I wholeheartedly admire you for it. You hate to hurt people, but if something needs to be said, you say it. I’ve definitely heard a few hard truths from you in the past but I’ve definitely also been saved by you on numerous occasions in the past.
7. I have belly-laughed with you so many times both as a child (budum psssshhh!) and now as an adult. You have an amazing ability to forget everything the world has dealt you for a short while and live life again for a moment how it once was, and that makes you stronger than you’ll ever know. Your strength and resiliance has surprised me beyond belief over this last few years; I just wish you could see it.
8. You’re sentimental and appreciate the small non-materialistic things in life. You love my creativity and my knack of making handmade presents (you’re probably the only person in the world who does!), and you treasure those gifts more than the treasure made of gold.
9. You love life. Which seems silly considering the reason for this list. But you appreciate life more than anyone else I know. You grab opportunities, you seize the moment and you do what you want to do when you want to do it. You don’t wait around for ‘a better time’ or make excuses as to why something can’t be done; you find a way, and I envy you for that every day.
10. You can be anything you want to be. You have the ability to take the world for yourself or change the world for others – which ever you decide. You’re talented, brave and have a thirst for life and learning which you shouldn’t lose sight of. You have so many fantastic times ahead of you no matter where you decide to go and who you decide to be. Stay with us por favor, not for me, but because you’re too valuable for the world to lose.
I could go on…
I love you, M.